Affinity Photo is a very powerful tool for photo editing for Mac (purchase and download) and / or Windows users (purchase and download). Until recent, the application was available only for this two specific platforms, but starting yesterday the app was launched on the AppStore for the following iPads: iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch.
Affinity Photo for iPad has been tailored to harness the explosive power of the iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Each tool, panel and control has been completely redesigned and optimised for touch – either with fingertip or Apple Pencil, and all adjustments and effects have been fully hardware-accelerated.
Here’s just some of what you can look forward to:
- Optimised for iPad capabilities: multi-touch UI, Metal accelerated, intuitive Apple Pencil support and full iCloud drive integration.
- Complete retouching tools: including dodge, burn, clone, blemish, patch and red eye tools. You’ll also find an incredibly accurate inpainting brush along with full frequency separation capability.
- Non-destructive adjustments: Correct and enhance images with Levels, Curves, Black and White, White Balance, HSL, Shadows and Highlights and over a dozen other adjustments that are previewed instantly and can be edited any time.
- Super accurate selections: Affinity Photo’s selection refinement algorithm is one of the most advanced available, making selections—even down to individual strands of hair—easier than ever before.
- Comprehensive Liquify Workspace: Push your images around with your fingertips or use brushes like turbulence, pinch, punch and twirl in a dedicated liquify persona. Alongside a real-time mesh warp tool, it’s perfect to reshape, sculpt and deform photos.
- Real time effects: Affinity Photo comes with a huge range of high-end filters including lighting, blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows and many more. Full control is given over every aspect of a filter’s properties with incredibly precise controls—all the while seeing a real-time live preview of the result.
- Comprehensive RAW editing: Develop camera RAW files in a dedicated built-in workspace with all the processing adjustments and corrections you need.
- Unsurpassed file compatibility: Unrivalled PSD support plus all the standards including PNG, JPG, TIFF, EPS, PDF, and SVG.
- Work in any colour space: RGB, CMYK, LAB, Greyscale. End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management, and 32-bit per channel editing
HDR Merge with tone mapping: allows you to merge multiple exposure brackets together into a single unbounded 32-bit image, with full tone mapping control for incredibly dramatic results.
The result is a genuinely unique, new way to interact with your images and your iPad, with performance you will find hard to believe.
Affinity Photo for iPad enables you to brush directly on screen for a more fluid retouching experience. Apply tools such as dodge, burn, clone, blemish, patch and red eye with even greater precision, using touch control or Apple Pencil. You’ll also find tasks like recolouring, inpainting and selection refinement can be more naturally controlled too.
Another revolutionary thing about Affinity Photo is the back-end for Windows, Mac and iOS is the same, meaning you can share files across all platforms seamlessly – even including the undo history.
And naturally that file compatibility is shared across Affinity apps, so you can just as easily switch from Affinity Photo to its partner app, Affinity Designer.
And in case you were wondering – work on Affinity Designer for iPad is well under way, too.
So whether you’re an Affinity Designer user who’s been considering adding the pixel power of Affinity Photo to your toolkit, or you’re still to discover the power and performance of the Affinity suite, now’s the perfect time to take the plunge.
The application can be purchased from the AppStore at the promotional price of $19,99 until 19th of June, so hurry up to get a great photo editing app at a lower price. Also the software for Mac and Windows has a promotional price of $39,99 instead of $49,99.