As you may know, Malwarebytes is among the best anti malware software that permits the users to perform virus cleanup, even when the real time protection is disabled because the license expired.
Starting with Malwarebytes 3.0, the security solution has integrated more modules, including Anti Rootkit, Web Protection, Anti Ransomware, and became a full fledged antivirus software. Compared to the 2.0 version, Malwarebytes 3.0 performed the virus scanning a lot faster.
Recently, Malwarebytes released a component update for Malwarebytes 3.0.6, updating the Component Package to version 1.0.75.
From the official changelog:
- Fixed issue with imaging programs (such as Macrium Reflect) where large artifact files were left in the System
- Volume Information folder if a backup is created with anti-ransomware protection enabled
- Fixed problem where Web Protection and Anti-Ransomware may fail to start properly
- Fixed problem where Web Protection detections were failing on Windows 10
- Fixed problem where DNS was not resolving properly with Web Protection enabled
- Fixed problem where Web Protection did not show the proper block page when Bitdefender 2017 was also installed
- Fixed an issue where certain drivers were not stopped and unloaded in Free mode
- Fixed memory leak
- Improved overall malware detection and remediation
To check if you have the latest version of Malwarebytes, you have to open the program and go to the Settings Menu. Next, click the About button from the interface. If you did not have the last version, go back to the Dashboard and click Updates and it will perform a manual update scan.
If this does not work either, go to the official Malwarebytes website and install the newest version of the antivirus software by hand.