No matter what the reason would be that make you take the decision to give up on your Instagram account (Android – iOS – Windows Phone), we will ofer you two easy solutions for that: temporarily deactivation or permanent deactivation of the account. As the option name states, the first option will allow you to temporarily deactivate your account without losing any data, pictures etc. and all the information from the account will be hidden from other users until you reactivate the account. On the other hand, the second option is a little bit more of a drastic measure that wipes the account permanently including pictures, information or any data the account might held.
Both procedures can be either carried out from the app itself, or from a browser on a PC, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
Temporarily deactivation of the account
- Go to the Instagram website and make sure that you’re logged in.
- In the upper right of the screen tap on the „Edit profile“ link.
- In the lower side of the screen you can find the „Temporarily disable my account“ – click on the link, please (either from your account or from the link provided by us).
- Write a reason in the field why do you want to temporarily disable your account.
- Re-enter your password and tap again on the „Temporarily disable my account“ button.
Permanent deactivation of the account
- Access the Instagram account deletion link (make sure that this is what you want to do, because all of your posts, pictures, data etc. will be permanently deleted and you can not recover that back).
- Log into the web page by using your credentials (if you’re not already logged in).
- Choose a reason for the deletion of the account.
- Re-enter the password and click on the „Permanently delete my account“ once you’re sure that you want to do this.
If by any chance you know another easy way to deactivate or delete your Instagram account, please don’t hesitate to write a comment.